Wednesday 9 July 2014

BRAZIL IN TEARS

I have never really been interested in Soccer or football as it is called here in Germany.  

I grew up in a sports crazy family.  Both my parents were excellent tennis players, my Dad played soccer for his province and swimming was a daily joy for the family.  Being typically South African, rugby and cricket and tennis were our favourite spectator sports.  The only one who ever watched the soccer was my Dad

Whoever would have believed that I would be sitting in front of a television set at 10 pm and watching the Germans and Brazilians play each other.  Granted, it is the World Cup!!  What a game it was!  A totally bizarre semi-final , to put it mildly.  The first goal was fun and so was the second and I yelled my head off in delight at the 2 - 0 lead of the German team.  By the time they had kicked the 7th goal, I was feeling desperately sorry for Brazil and hoping they would at least get one goal (which they did - thank goodness).

Which brings me to the point of my next Art Escapade.  I have decided to push the boundaries and today I will be filling my journal with the faces of defeat and victory.  The emotions of the players and the spectators reflect the intensity that they feel about this World Cup.  I will attempt with line and wash to capture some of these expressions.  Wish me luck. 

Watch this space.

Hope you are all having a good day. Take care.

No comments: