Monday 26 November 2018

Animal Paintings







Two of my favourite creatures in South Africa are ostriches and meerkats.  They always make my laugh.  

The one thing I love about ostriches are their beautiful eyes with long eyelashes. This one whom I have name Orwell had particularly lovely coloured eyes.  Strangely, I found the beak the most difficult part to paint.  

This little family of Meerkats was rather on the small side.  I have seen them in groups of eight or nine cuddling each other.  Their social behaviour is particularly delightful.   They are so loyal and caring of each other. 

I do hope you enjoy these two paintings.  I had such pleasure in the process of painting them.  Click on the paintings for a larger picture.

TIP.  I never use black in my paintings.  I find that a mixture of blue, brown and a touch of red makes a lovely warm dark.  To cool it down, I add a little more blue.

1 comment:

Schuee said...

I really like the ostrich, Chammi. Very well done. And the meerkats are so sweet.