Wednesday 3 December 2014

FUR COATS - WHY ? WHY? WHY?

WHY? WHY? WHY? do people still wear animal fur collars, on their boots, hats, gloves etc.  There are the most amazing artificial furs on the market . I admire one of our German designers Guido Maria Kretchmer who never uses animal fur in his beautiful creations.  He is adamantly against the slaughter of animals for purely vanity purposes.

Here are one or two animals I have painted who deserve to keep their fur on!!!



These are acrylic paintings and here are a few tips for painting animals.

   Try to do the background first and always integrate the hair into the 
   background so that the animal does not look cut out and pasted.

   In my opinion I feel one should give the background at least a semblance 
   of the environment in which the animal lives.

   The eyes are the most important of all.  The reveal the soul and character 
   of the subject.   


I WOULD APPEAL TO YOU TO PAINT FUR - DON'T WEAR IT.

No comments: