Thursday 9 October 2014

FRANCE IS SO BEAUTIFUL

I have just returned from a short holiday in France.  Not far from Bordeaux lies the lovely Biscarrosse area.  We were lucky enough to have  charming bed and breakfast accommodation.  Marie-Hélène and Eric were the wonderful owners . Nothing was too much trouble and breakfast was delicious - warm bread, home-made cakes and aromatic coffee.  They were a mine of information and we walked many kilometres along pristine beaches, visited an enormous sand dune and enjoyed watching the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean.

The highlight was the Teich Bird Sanctuary.  It was nature in its purist sense with hides tucked away amidst natural vegetation.  We spent hours watching the birds - spoonbills, cormorants and stunning white herons, amongst others. This painting was inspired by my visit to this area.


4 comments:

Anne said...

That is an incredible painting! Love it so much.

Chammi Kaiser said...

Thank you very much Ann. I loved painting this one.

Sonya Joubert said...

What a lovely painting. Confess I feel green with envy living here and knowing there is a better world out there which I can't see or enjoy. Enjoy it whilst you can my friend.

Chammi Kaiser said...

Thank you dear Sonya. I am enjoying every moment and wish you could share it with me.